Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Guidelines for the Guild

People, this is a warcraft related post. So if you're not in the guild, ignore it.

It's quite clear after Sunday that if we're only ever allowed to play on the hordies while everyone is present we are going to loose a lot of time, and stand around waiting for people.

So I propose the following guidelines...

1) You can cook, fish, smelt, train, sort out junk, visit the AH and craft things in your own time - no need to wait for the group.

On the other hand, making something then and there for a group member is also fine.

2) Alts are welcome - there's one already - and all alts are to be promoted to "Hair Stylist", to indicate that status. They can do almost anything except hire, fire and promote people in the guild.

2.5) Talking of hire and firing people, all main guild characters have as much authority as I can give them. While I might be the guild master, I view this more as "Chief of Paperwork" then anything else. The guild leader is not the group leader.

3) Once we've leveled up somewhat, farming materials in lower level areas will be permitted. By lower levels, I mean areas where all mobs are grey - aka XP free. I'm hoping this won't be needed - hence my alt - but....

4) The time we are going to play next MUST be in the guild MOTD, so we all know what we're doing. Please, please try and be there...with all the stuff you need to do done.

5) Some quests have a large amount of traveling involved. For example, go somewhere far, far away and give this/talk to xxx. These quests are dull in the extreme.

So I'd propose that when we get these, the group can agree to all go there in peoples own time. This doesn't apply to locations like, say, tabetha in the swamps, but places like Tanris, Rachet, Booty Bay....

Remember, we have to agree on this - if no-one asks, the group can't agree.

6) It's going to be very difficult to level up Together. Different classes have quests, as the group spreads out not all will have the same XP. So I'd propose that every 5 levels or so we have a "Check Level". We compare XP totals, and those who are below by any significant amount (say, 2 bars) are allowed to go and catch up that little bit, to keep things more or less even.

--

All of this is up for debate. If you disagree with something, tell us. I am not The Controller. These are suggestions, to try and ensure fun for all.

So, thoughts?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My 2 pence worth...
1) Agree with this point, as it can be boring and can eat into the time available for grouping together if its just to improve your skills.

2) I won't be getting an alt, so bah humbug. Though if you need someone adding into the guild I'm normally arround on the alliance side to just ask and will swap to do the initation rites [insert evil grin].

3) Yay, this will mean loads more potions for everyone to use - there is no excuse not to use them.

4) Agreed - should be updated every time we meet, possibly 1st thing discussed before questing.

5) Hmm, possibly except I know of some quests that can be picked up on the way from 1 place to another which are non-sharable... an unfair advantage...

6) Class quests will mean people lvl up faster, but if you look at last week and this week... I did my starting class quest which ment I was ahead of everyone by 2 bars on the 1st night, but sunday just gone I was one of the last to hit lvl 10. It works itself out eventually. Not saying its not a possiblity but 2 bars is nothing really in the gran scheme of things. Although willing to discuss it if its that big an issue for someone.

Tabby.

Anonymous said...

Having already had a quick chat with regards to the WOW group, I have not qualms with these guidelines.

Regards,
Luke

Anonymous said...

It's quite clear after Sunday that if we're only ever allowed to play on the hordies while everyone is present we are going to loose a lot of time, and stand around waiting for people.

So I propose the following guidelines...

1) Completely agree…oh by the way fishing is 75/75 now did it in less than 30mins, all the little fishies are in the guild bank. I’m happy to go further but need more money for training. Oh and any wool would be good now that I can make a slot bags plus material funds.

2) Alts!!! I have way to many characters to have another Alt *Whistles*


2.5) Hmmm power!! This isn’t going to bold well…. Mine I tell you MINE!!!!

3) Agreeable

4) This would help, btw same time this Sunday??

5) Deal with these as they crop up.

6) This is a good idea as I feel that I’m lagging slightly behind everyone else at the moment well except for Tabby maybe.

7) Well more of a heads up then a suggestion, meant to mention to Tabby and Dispaar mainly as Maggy and Susain already know this. Drew has expressed an interest in joining us this Sunday and is working on getting a character to lvl10 plus 1 and ½ bars (to match my XP).

The Bubbly Blonde of the guild
P

Anonymous said...

Works for me. Esp as I keep having to wonder off so that I can become my inner ore-whore that I know I am.

Another suggestion is that we deposit any money over say about 50s (going up as and when it becomes an issue) into the bank so that whoever needs it can do so.

Mags

Anonymous said...

Spoke to everyone yesterday regarding PVP, the group census is as long as the person isn't leveling, this is fine.

Infact the bubbly blonde of the group also seemed to express an interest in doing pvp too, although not sure if it was on the horde side...

Tabby.