Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The other day...

The other day there was a power cut at one of our sites. These things happen.

Still, I happened to be there at the time and while the power was out I needed to do things. So I happily bounced along the corridor to my destination, where I met a couple of secretaries.

They were saying it's too dark to go any further down this dark corridor, that they couldn't see and they wanted a torch.

What I wanted to say was "There's plenty of light. There's enough to see you're wearing slightly opaque seamed stockings, after all".

But that would get me fired, as HR have no sense of humour. So I just told them not to worry and to get on with it. At which point they seemed to go off in a huff.

Was that not what I was supposed to say?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

That the batteries were effected by the power strike.

Anonymous said...

is Martin still alive, this blog has been dead for quite a few days?

Anonymous said...

is Martin still alive, this blog has been dead for quite a few days?

Anonymous said...

is Martin still alive, this blog has been dead for quite a few days?

Anonymous said...

I think he is dead, no responses or posts recently!

manannan said...

I had a weird email from him the other day, he asked for a pair of dollhouse slippers.

Piro said...

Nope his still alive though he says that he is feeling a little under the weather.

Manannan said...

A little under the weather?

In other words he had a good weekend out at his LARP event and now he needs to catch up on his lack of sleep over the weekend!!!

Seen it before :D

Piro said...

:) not far off there ;)

Manannan said...

Doesn't stop him raiding though :)

Rabbitpirate said...

Were those really the only two options?

Born Today said...

Possibly the only two printable options...