Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Book Oddity

For those who read science fiction or fantasy (and if you don't, you really should) you may or may not be reading Trudi Canavan's assorted works.

I bring this up because her latest book, "Voice of the Gods", sequel to "Priestess of the White" and "Last of the Wilds" isn't out in the UK till July time, more or less, according to amazon.

But I can drop down to the local bookshop and pick up a copy in...well...a day. Maybe two, if they don't have it in stock then and there. In paperback, not expensive hardback. Unless that's how you like it.

So would anyone want me to pick them up a copy and ship it over, a measly five months early?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would be nice but have you seen how expensiv saving on the book outweigh the cost of sending. Mind you a couple of us could get together and share a copy? Let me think, who creases the cover the worst (they could go last)!

Born Today said...

Book cost itself would be around £6 +/- some tax on this end. (See upcoming blog entry "Gran and Snatch Tax").

Postage looks like being between £3.5 and £7.5 - won't know till I actually have the book. Would probably be cheaper to send several copies at once rather then one-at-a-time.

Anonymous said...

Insert Grin here....


Also good would be a certain author - who wrote a little book called Misenchanted Sword.

Born Today said...

Misenchanted sword author is readily available here. Spotted one in second hand book shop so far.

Which ones were you after...?

Anonymous said...

all of them set in the world of the misenchanted sword.

Anonymous said...

Bah Humbug!
I think I'll wait until it arrives here in the UK, but thanks for the kind offer.
For starters the art may be different (Yes, I am THAT fussy). Also, it is less likely to get damaged in it's Hardback form as opposed to Paperback (especially when I lend it to a certain family member to read, oh my porr Wheel of Time books, how damaged their spines now are!).
Oh, and I would appreciate it if there were absolutely no spoilers please...

Regards,
Luke

Anonymous said...

Also, I need something to use this £10 WHSmith voucher on. I got it at christmas, and have popped into WHSmith's numerours times now, but nothing appeals to me, even when the sales were on. So I guess I can wait until July to use the voucher, horray!

Regards,
Luke

Born Today said...

Was that you want spoilers Luke?

Your sure?

Ok, well, its wrapped up in this, last book.

Can a spoiler get much bigger?