Monday, April 9, 2007

Easter - oh, the sunshine, it burns, it burns.

Four days off work, a weekend and two bank holidays.

And I'm bored already.

Still, things to talk about.

The garden....if I owned this place, rather then rent it, I would shoot the previous occupiers as wasteful and of little vision.

Where to start....on one side we have a little stream running. If it lasts all summer or not, I don't know. But right now its going to waste! Ten minutes work with a shovel and you could have a free, natural water supply for the garden. All you need to do is dig bit of a hole to stick a bucket...

Still, we have the seeds all planted. The sweetcorn is germinating already, only 2 days later...planting onions tonight!

And last night, I enjoyed one of my favourite five physical pleasures.

Mmmm.....a dark room.....some food.....and a hot, burning fire to warm my feet. (What did you think it was?!?)

I truly think we've lost some the simplest pleasures in life as a people. We've strived for central heating, electrical gadgets and gizmos. When all you really need to warm you is this...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter Martin.

We've been enjoying 18 degree sunshine so no need to put the heating on :)

Would definately agree with you though, nothing like a nice cosy fire burning away with a good book and spare wood to burn. Hmmmm burn.....

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter Martin,
So is easter a widely celebrated thing where you are? Chocolate eggs, and fluffy stuffed bunnies, or is it something more subtle, or even non-existant?

Regards,
Luke

Anonymous said...

sounds like super seeds to me!