Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A comic interlude

Because of the request in the comments, here's another post.

I may talk about death at a later point - but now is not a good time. I've had far to much to drink to do that incoherently.

Instead, I have a fundamental question.

Both this and last saturday I had to go into town for trousers. The first time to buy them, the second to replace them. Now, both times I went to the same store - BHS - and both times I tried them off first.

Now, that store has rooms to try things on in, and both times I did what I and most other people would do. I used the first room on the left that was empty. (Most people look from left to right...no, really, we do. Try it sometime.)

The first time, I hung up the trousers, took off my jacket, went to hang it up - and noticed there were a few things which had been left in there. Specifically...specifically someone had taken in a number of things that I'll simply term "Skimpy and Revealing".

Oh well....try on trousers, no problem, I went to buy them.

Next week I went to return them and get a different pair, after they failed me in an unfortunate manner. However - this time, before heading into the changing rooms I checked for any signs indicating male or female.

I kept an eye out for such indications, but finding none, I used the first room to the left again. Only to be confronted by more products that on very casual observation appeared to be made...well, not much.

Now, my question?

Was I just unlucky, or is there women's underwear in every not strictly male changing room on the planet?

If so, Why??

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like someone was unlucky :)

Anonymous said...

Did you try them on?

Anonymous said...

Left or Right...

When kissing lips, men normally tilt their head to the Right.

Men normally tread their belts so the tail can be held in the Right hand.

Men are always Right.

If you take someone to the cinema, do you not sit right beside them?

You were right to be cross with the trousers failing you.

Do you use the mouse with your right hand!

You enter a changing room and go left!

Born Today said...

Did I try them on?

Certainly not. Frilly isn't my thing...and I doubt they were my size...

Anonymous said...

Men are always Right.
--


Glad you agree.

Anonymous said...

did you get the right trousers this time?

Anonymous said...

And in what manner did they fail you???

Interested minds want to know...