Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Scarf wearers

There’s a small group of people I have problems with.

They all seem to follow a fairly set pattern – pretty, blonde – and typically wearing a shawl or scarf made from the wool of some strange African tribe. They believe they are environmentally minded “people persons” and they typically have qualifications in things like English Literature or other arty subjects.

Oh – and they work in HR.

If you’re looking for someone to take offense at something, look no further. Political correctness is important to them – because they’re so no nice and perfect, everyone else must be as well.

What’s got my goat up about them this time?

Well, it’s my emails. I’ve had for some time an email signature. It’s my name, how to contact me and a short message – “Kill a tree. Print this email”.

I may not be much of an environmentalist when it comes to electricity – but I do like trees. So I’d rather they weren’t cut down wholesale to print out my emails on. And I do send lots.

Still – back to the point. The only person to complain about my little signature is a scarf wearer.

On the grounds that some people wouldn’t find it funny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One thing I hate is when you ask someone a question, and they ignore it.

Either by continuing what they were saying or starting a completly new post.

eg.

My Maxter hdd died.

Question. how old was it?

I hate scarf wearers.

Born Today said...

I can see that being annoying, yes.

Not as bad as a scarf wearer, but still annoying.