Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Believe me

I want you to believe me.

I want you to believe me when I tell you that here, in this bottle is miracle stuff. This stuff goes in your washing machine with a couple of clothes - say, a cloak.

You wash your cloak in water and this magic stuff. It tumbles round in the water, spins and soaks. Just like any other washing cycle.

But after all this - believe me - it will be more waterproof.

Sounds like madness, doesn't it.

Smells a little like PVA glue.

But that is where we are now. You can go down to the shops in most towns and buy a liter of stuff that sounds like witchcraft. Fifty years ago they'd laugh at you.

Three hundred years ago they'd burn you at the stake for such a claim.

That's where we are now - we can buy miracles.

Here.

2 comments:

Rabbitpirate said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Born Today said...

Rabbitpirate said...

He's a witch, burn him.

Seriously a cloak , a cloak.
---

Could have been a cloaking device