Friday, February 12, 2010

Logic and Law - not so much

Once again politicians are doing silly things.

Have a look here, with a quick quote.


New powers to crack down on lap-dancing clubs

New powers to crack down on lap-dancing clubs will be given to local councils, the Home Office has said.

Currently residents can object to venues for licensing reasons only, such as crime and disorder, nuisance, public safety and protecting children.


LGA culture chairman Chris White said: "Parents' concerns about what their children might see during their walk home from school ....


But here's the thing - I didn't know where the local lap dancing club was till it was pointed out to me as I walked past with friends. In a city I've lived for years - that's discrete.

But children *do* walk past the local Anne Summers shop (which sells very adult toys) every single day.

If you want to do something, do it. Don't blame it on "protecting the children" - because it isn't.

1 comment:

Rabbitpirate said...

Hell no, this is the sort of thing I just won't stand for. They can have my lay dancing clubs when they pry them from my cold dead hands.