Tuesday, September 25, 2007

It GROWS!

There are many things that grow.

Some growing things stop and start, shrinking and enlarging as the seasons pass. Waistlines, weights, some plants....the amount of sleep you need...


Helen, I know exactly what you were thinking. Stop it.

Other things just keep growing, damn it. It grows, and grows and grows - to the point where you have to do something about it before it drives you MAD and you start raving about the pink icing, and how it made you do those horrible things to the neighbours children.

Feeding them cookies laced with laxatives...


Anyway, the point of my post? Oh, yes.

Hair.

It grows continually, whether you like it or not.


And a few weeks ago - yes, old news, I just kept forgetting to write about it - I got it cut. Again. Twice so far this year...both voluntary....


There was however, a problem.

She was brunette, about 5 foot nothing and rather sweet. She was just starting at the place, and need some "models" to demonstrate her abilities on to the management. To prove she knew what she was doing. So could she cut and dye it, at a vastly reduced rate...

And she smiled at me.

What was I supposed to do, say no?

So, several hours later, I left the place. My hair was still there, in the most part. Huge amounts were not left littering the floor as usual.

I hadn't left it a whole year this time.

What took so long wasn't the cutting, but the colour. Hours teasing out strips, painting them with goo and wrapping them in foil, folded and folded again.

It was quite relaxing, in a insane kind of way. Not moving, 2/3 blind, just watching the blur with the pretty voice move in the mirror...

Still, what sort of colour do you think I ended with? And how much, in UK terms, do you think I paid...

(I would post a picture now, but it doesn't show up in IR.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

white and red, canadian colors? kidding, i would say grey and white, well thats what ur webcam shows anyways :P

Anonymous said...

Ahh, but the grey's naturally there ;-p
No idea what colour she'd place in, perhaps a slightly maroon tone akin to what Drew sported way-back-when.

Payment-wise I'd take a guess at £10.50

Regards,
Luke

PS. Funnily enough, 'hair' was the subject that I had in mind when you began your post.

Anonymous said...

silver blonde or light golden brown highlights and cost about £5.

mm, mm so a sexy voice will persuade you to do things - must keep that in mind.............

Anonymous said...

It does take a long time for a union flag especially in red white & blue, but it does look good. do you want me to post the picture........

Anonymous said...

Please post the picture

Anonymous said...

44 Hundred miles, how about answering your mails properly, especially the questions on what is required.....???????????????????????

Isabelle said...

yes yes a picture please... in color