Monday, September 10, 2007

Must learn to party

I'm getting older.

Again.

Its a bad habit that I'm trying to give up, but it's hard. The symptoms of getting old are stressful and concerning.

You start worrying about things like...washing. And clean clothes. Worries about of getting larger (in the wrong directions), grayer (it's a lie) and less flexible (not being able to chew your own toe nails is concerning).

Still, I'm older. I'm sure I"ll get over it.

But, being older, I really should really have learnt how to party by now. For, you see, this is how I spent my birthday.

I worked from 6am in the morning till2pm, then I worked at a different company, because Ali needed a hand, from 2 till later. By the end, I was pretty tired. When Ali got home, she was pretty tired. An early night all round, to be honest.

A Caesar salad is not a birthday celebration

Still, the next day was saturday, right?
.
Well, no. Worked from 10 till 5, went home, cleaned and tided somewhat, ready for the DnD game. But...it was not to be. We were missing two players. One I'll live without...but two..can be a problem. So we went to plan B.

Plan B started with chat, and Guitar Hero 2. This was followed by a meal our, and three of us trooped down to PC Bang. A computer game place, with 50-odd well specced computers that played like a dream.,. A real dream. 1200*1024 (or something like that!) with beautiful graphics and lovely FPSs. Dozens of games.

We escaped that place.

Eventually.

At 4am on sunday morning.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Burfday!

Loralai

Anonymous said...

I will bring you a cake if I can, just to make up for it. how many candles was it ............. that's if dad doesn't eat it first on the journey

Born Today said...

There were 18 candles.

Really.

There are 18 candles.

(What was that? 4 lights?)

Anonymous said...

Mum had better ask the pilot to watch out for flying pigs on her way over.

Welcome to your 5th anniversary...

A