Wednesday, May 21, 2008

There are those out there...

There are those out there who would say that I'm "tight fisted". That the inside of my wallet is covered with the fossils of long dead wasps.

I don't know, because I try never to open it - but that's besides the point.

I just wanted to sat that the last time I refueled my car I had achieved all of 50 miles per gallon (or 17.7 km a litre, for those from the colonies) over 150 or so miles.

And believe me when I tell you that it was the hardest driving I've ever done.

Constantly sticking to 55-58 miles an hour. Ducking, dodging and overtaking only to maintain that steady rolling speed. Delaying traffic in a light year long queue behind me, ignoring the screams and pain caused to my fellow commuters...

It takes real discipline to be that evil.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

no doubt you enjoyed causing that pain :)

Anonymous said...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/05/22/drivestop/

Anonymous said...

Just filled up yesterday and did 43miles to the gallon just from normal driving :)

Born Today said...

In a diesel.

Diesels are between 20 and 40 percent more efficient....

Born Today said...

...so that's about the same as me doing 60 or 70 mpg.

Anonymous said...

"for those of the colonies" you mean the ones who stay with one system instead of two or three, Imperial, Metric why not natural too measure in palms, of

wouldnt it be easier if everyone would just use the metric?