Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Why, why minnie mouse?

During the last couple of weekends, I've spent a lot of time at various St John Ambulance duties.

While out there, fundraising and providing treatment I spent a not inconsiderable amount of time people watching.

And sewing and reading, but I'm talking about people today.

The one person I want to talk about was a girl. Perhaps 13, maybe...maybe 14. But I'm getting ahead of myself now.

Picture me at the Stilton Cheese Rolling, fundraising away. Alison waving a fluffy bunny at people.

But at that moment no one was biting, so I was drifting along with Plan B - watch people. People watching can take many forms - letting them drift by you, trying to identify families, determine relationships between groups....there's so many ways to pass the time.

I was playing guess the age. Look a person over, from head to toe (or toe to head, depending where you start) and try to guess how old they are based purely on what they're wearing and how they look.

This particular girl, I started on ankles and worked my way up. I can even remember what I thought as I ran my eyes over her.

Black two inch heels - a little impractical for the event...but not madly so. Might be after attention.

Black fishnet stockings/tights - probably very unsuitable for the event - it was 20+ degrees! Probably after attention.

Black thigh length mini skirt - Definitely after attention. Might be a goth...

Black slashed t-shirt, but a little tight - Ok, we have a goth! But not an adult one.

Usual goth make up on a cute face - hard to tell age, but less then 16...?

Pink Minnie Mouse hair band?


Huh?!?


Minnie MOUSE?






Why, if you've gone out of your way to look like an adult goth, with all the associated props, why wear ANYTHING that's by Disney??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The answer is simple.

To fill you with rage.

Embrace it. Give into your hate. And Minnie mouse. Give in...