Thursday, September 10, 2009

Why?

Where I work I sometimes get odd requests and complaints.

These sometimes make sense. A perverted kind of sense that has as much to do with common sense as a 700 pound dress made from clingfilm - but sense.

Today I've had a new one. A request for me to change the email system so that a user can't email Peter Dunn. Because we have two people named Peter Dunn and she keeps emailing the wrong one.

So she wants every email to go to "The right" Peter Dunn.

And she's sure that "the wrong" Peter won't mind "The Right" Peter forwarding on all his mail.

I'm not sure how to explain to her that the solution to the problem is for her to read who she's sending emails to...

Ideas?

3 comments:

manannan said...

if she adds the "right" Mr dunn to her personal address book - as most email applications normally default to selecting from the personal address book 1st!

Piro said...

Do my trick and stand next to them with a nice wooden plank and hit them everytime till they always pick the right name *evil grin*

Anonymous said...

Tell her to just tipex the wrong one off of her screen...........!

mm