Tuesday, October 27, 2009

There are some things I can't resist...

On my way to a LARP event last weekend I had to walk from a rail station to the bar - only a mile or two, not a bad walk.

With cloak flowing behind me.

As you would imagine, this changes the way people respond to you. They tend to give you more space - and you're definitely Seen. People really do look twice.

But sometimes...

In this case, not 100 yards from the station as I stormed along (why stormed? Because it feels good with the cloak) but was stopped by a startled family of tourists.

I knew they were tourists because there was a family, clearly from somewhere like to Japan, China or somewhere else in that area. Expensive cameras, very poor English...and they asked me in their fashion "Are you prince Harry?".

To the best of my knowledge, I look nothing like him. Nor do I know if he has a thing for black fantasy costumes and cloaks.

I should have said no. Or shaken my head. But I couldn't resist.

I was in LARP mode. I looked left...then right. Turning to them I put my finger to my lips and said but one word.

"Shhhhssh".

They were excited by this.

No comments: