Thursday, October 1, 2009

Things not to say at work...

I was talking to someone on the phone at work, while waiting for something to happen. This isn't such a rare thing, as moving anything across the network can take a measurable amount of time.

So there we were, talking about the sort of thing you might say to someone you've never met and don't know. I've had some weird conversations like this - and this one turned to fitness.

She had just joined a gym, was very enthusiastic about it and tried to persuade me it would be a Good Thing to pick a goal and to run with it.

So I thought and said "Yes, I've got a goal. I want to be able to keep up with Katie"

Which lead on to why keeping up with Katie was so hard. "Well, she wears chainmail and plate armour and can run faster then I can - just carrying myself".

The silence on the other end of the line lasted for some considerable time...

(22:40 > )

6 comments:

Unknown said...

hmm its past 10am, I take it he's still asleep!

Botanica said...

Ah, you must remember, some less enlightened members of our society might, just possibly, categorise you as a BIT weird....

Manannan said...

Quick query, did our dearest brother get you a card for your birthday?

Anonymous said...

http://www.lookingatlife.org.uk/article_551

Isabelle said...

He didnt even get me a card for my bday

Rabbitpirate said...

Sorry I don't get it, why are chainmail and plate armour something to cause uncomfortable silence??

Seriously, I do worry about you sometimes.