Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Another charity to stop supporting.

As many of you may have guessed, I'm not a great fan of charities.

I want to make my position clear first. Its not acts of charity, or small good works...even large ones.

Many charities do fine work. Small ones, big ones - St John Ambulance, the scouts, your local homeless shelter...there's hundreds doing very good work with little money. Pennies really, compared to other, bigger charities.

But what would take the govenment, or big organisations a fortune to achieve, they do with a shoestring - because they believe. Scratch a charity worker - a real one - and you find someone with faith, hope and dreams.

On the other hand, there are OTHER charities. I could name quiet a few - but I'm not going to. Lets talk about one. A charity that many would consider beyond reproach.

Save the children.

But before I condemn them, I want you to think about this article, posted below, and then tell me - why are they unsupportable?

LONDON (Reuters) - Gordon Browns across Britain are calling for leaders of rich nations to help African countries abolish healthcare fees when the G8 meets in Germany next month.

In a publicity stunt, charity Save the Children has dispatched a car to travel round the country and find 840 people with the same name as the next prime minister.

Save the Children is campaigning for the G8 to pay for the abolition of healthcare fees in Africa and hopes by getting all the Gordon Browns in Britain to sign up, it might influence the Brown in government.


Link

No comments: