Sunday, May 6, 2007

Meeting the neighbours

Well, some news.

Richard turned up, as planed (+/- a slight detour...). In the end, we drove down to Banff - the rocky mountains. Well, hills. Don't let the the Canadians know they're not hills....

Certainly a long drive here. A 200km detour because of 25km of road being closed...

Anyway, we're staying in the hostel there for a few days, till we get back and have to move everything to the new place. Its a nice enough place - we're sharing the room with two people. The first is....lets call her Belle. A lovely, pretty Canadian girl (Mother, NO!) who's cheerfully, talkative - in all, a pleasure. She's even letting me borrow her laptop :D

I wonder if we can take her home...

The other....is American. Thirty plus, and also talkative. Something of an environmentalist, with Views, Issues and determined to share them. The only catch is me.

I may not have done physics at uni, but I know a little. Enough to debate the issues - and drag in facts and figures. You know me. Imagine :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take me home eh? You just left ... without me

Born Today said...

That wasn'tmy fault...it was Richard who drove away!!

Anonymous said...

Didn't realise you wanted to come back with us...

Anonymous said...

I dont think you got my message on email, right?