Sunday, April 5, 2009

Head and shoulders

I was shopping on Saturday and was forced to my more shampoo.

Mainly because I use it on occasion - and we all seem to have a different one. And it's empty.

So there I am, pottering about the shampoo, hair dye and conditioner bit of the supermarket. Almost an isle full - and I can't find what I'm after.

I can't find it because the brand isn't there. It's head and shoulders - everywhere sells it.

Nor is it concealed among others. It's right there in front of me.

I can't find what I want because of the choice. There's a few choices.

-Mint
-Conditioning
-Dry hair
-Ocean lift(?)
-Smooth and silky
-Coloured
-Extra volume
-Citrus
-"Classic"
-For men
-Refresh
-Sensitive

I'm quite sure I missed some. Now, what do I buy?

Conditioner? (Does it matter?)
Mint? (Smells nice at least)
Colour? (I don't dye my hair - that's easy, no)
Extra volume (Good god no, my hairs bad enough as it is)
Sensitive? (Umm.....probably not)
Dry? (Only if it's for my sense of humour)
For men? (Hold it, are ALL the rest of the brands for women??)

I settled for conditioner. But only because it was on offer.

So - does it actually matter? At all?!?
---
Edit to add:

And they've changed the shape of the bottle. So if you're essentially blind in the shower (like me) I now have to go looking for it - rather then just know what it looks like. Blue blob on white.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

suprised that noone has put a cmment up yet that they are shocked you haven't bought any shampoo for ages! disgrasceful you make your parents do the shoping for you. but thenit couuld be you dont wash it very ofen as your hair looks verfy bad nearlt every day i have seen it!!! also conditioner is for use after you hve washed your heir. so go back to the shops and get some ordinary shampoo. i saw that they still have it were i shop in tescos.

Manannan said...

ROFL :)

query what lvl is Player X's paladin now?

Anonymous said...

Mannanan - I don't know. Not really looked...

Anonymous - did someone kill your puppy or something?

Isabelle said...

He forgot to say its actually a 2 in 1 shampoo/conditoner. Thats the first thing I also told him.

Plus I've seen his hair after the recent haircut and it looks good. Also if he doesnt wash it that often who does it bother? Are you the one sleeping with him?

Maureen said...

Nice one Isabelle! As far as I know only the cats sleep with him!!

Anonymous - I can assure you he does wash his hair regularly. As for parents doing his shopping - it is easier for me to do the shopping in one go and as he contributes to the housekeeping bill, why should he buy it separately.

Could I suggest you ask for a dictionary next Christmas or Birthday - or perhaps get someone to show you how to use a spelling checker.

Some of us don't mind people knowing who we are.

M's mum