Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A new face

One of the lovely things about blogging and the internet is that you might find something completely Different. You look for one thing and find the reverse.

Searching for certain childrens cartoon characters - you exoect Disney and get - well, I can't possibly mention in polite company.

On WoW addiction, you find lots - broken lives, dirges and songs of sadness. But that's not all you can find. You can also find something like this tale of hope.

A few quotes...

"At family meals, I had no idea what they were talking about; I didn’t even understand the language they used. We had grown apart and the gap was widening."

"The solution was thought up by my younger son, who hit upon the idea of getting me, his mother, to play WOW. I was reluctant to say the least; I simply didn’t see the attraction, it was an alien world, I didn’t ‘do’ gaming."

"After 3 months of playing, my older son was married..... Several of the wedding guests introduced themselves by their online character names in the receiving line (bizarre).... They were sworn to secrecy in case the bride's mother found out, she might not have understood..."

I could go on and selectively quote the whole thing - but it deserves much better then that. Go on over and read it. It's her first blog post and everything - so give her some support.

She's made the first step into the wider world.

The next step...the hardest step....the second post...

This test awaits her.

5 comments:

Manannan said...

Will read her post later.

On a side note - can you log on as me on saturday and sunday to create titansteel.

Sat: 1400hrs (2pm)
Sun: 1000hrs (10am)

I do realise you may not be up intime for the sunday one, but aslong as its done before 12noon.

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Does that mean the cats need feeding?

manannan said...

no, just I'm doing a load of things and will not poss get the time to log in.

Botanica said...

Well, that's very kind of you.
I am now playing WOW and all children are doing other activities this weekend, I'm trying to get one of them to leave what he's doing and get onto WOW...
The tables have turned....

Born Today said...

Nice to see you found us.

I'd suggest offering food, drink and a raid arranged - should get their attention!