Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It was a mistake...

Post edited to fix html like elements being hidden

Today I had the task of visiting a nurse we have based in a school - shockingly, she's the school nurse.

So I wondered over to reception and asked for her by name - and this is how the conversation went...

Me: Hi, I'm here to see Jane Doe?
Receptionist: I'll let her know you're here. What's your name?
Me: Me? I'm [My Name]
Receptionist: [phones] Heya....got some one here for you........I didn't ask...one min...
Receptionist: What form are you in?
Me: I don't go to school here.
Receptionist: Why don't you go to your own school's nurse?
Me: [blinks]
Me: Could you please tell her that the technician from [company], [my name] is her to see her?
Receptionist: [shakes head slowly]
Me: [hands over company ID]
Receptionist: Oh. I'll tell her. Arn't you a bit young to-
Me: No. I'm old enough to legally have a child in this school. So please, just get her.

The mistake I made?

Shaving.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

he he he... I keeled over laughing at this.... did you have your contacts in or actually have your glasses on?

Anonymous said...

would have been worse with contacts :D

Anonymous said...

well, would you have been wearing a suit and tie....

Anonymous said...

One day you will be pleased that you have retained your youthful looks!

Just imagine if you were 28 and looked like a 35 year old or older!
much worse............

don't grow a long or bushy beard.............but a slight beard might help...

Anonymous said...

Grow a beard while im not around... otherwise ide disagree