Saturday, February 14, 2009

Early Christmas/Birthday warning

There are people who find me impossible to buy for. As such, they like me to suggest lists of things that they could pick from.

The catch with this approach is that (from my point of view) it's a little predictable. If you know what went on the list...then....well...

This approach remains problematic - if you ask me "what do you want" then my mind goes blank, memories of desire flee leaving a rather short list of things as a grope around for something suitable.

It's not a pretty sight.

So I'm going to lend a hand. When I think of something, I'll tell you about it. For two reasons - one, I'd like it. And two - because anything I like must be good, and worth sharing with others.

Today's choice is "V for Vendetta". It's a decent film, with some strong scripting and a cheerful ending. No, really - it ends with a bang. What's more, the original comic book is available in paperback.

Like most things, the box is longer, better and deeper.

And available for less then the DVD.

Go amazon!
--
Edit to add:

There will be more things. Don't all buy me V. Talk to each other!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

v is more than a decent film i thought it was brilliant, one of my favorites

Anonymous said...

The problem is 9 out of 10 times having said you like something, you then go out and get it yourself!!

Anonymous said...

Before you come up with 'go for the best you can afford' and ' you want an nvidia 9800 GTI', I am looking at building a

Would a GeForce 7100 built into the motherboard be better a Geforce 7100 slotted in as a PCI-E card?

How does a nvidia 7100 compare with a nvidia 6500 GT?

How does a motherboard based graphics card rate against the equivilant card based one?