Wednesday, July 2, 2008

How long is your arm? How loud is your voice?

How long is your am?

Mine is about 3ft...well, between 2 and 3. Nothing to unusual...fingers, wrists...elbows. All as nature intended. Mostly. Close enough to pass as normal.

My voice though...my voice is also as nature intended - but with technology I can amplify it. I can make it audible around the world in seconds. Canada, France or Iraq - it doesn't matter, I can pick up a phone and call.

With a little more work I can setup or watch a camera feed - a second or three of lag, but otherwise real time. I can see through a planet - eat your heart out superman.

But all this is as nothing - I can not reach out and touch anyone or anything more then a yard away.

I could not stroke my own cat as she dies a planet away.

I'm sorry Jinks.

I'm sorry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could reach out to you, hug you and stay with you until you feel better.

Anonymous said...

Know all the fat cat cracks I made?

Like that 'It's nawt a tumor' in the Arnold voice?


Yeah. Not so funny now.

Anonymous said...

I feel for you :(