Thursday, July 31, 2008

You can see the tree, but you miss the forest...

Warning: Heavy WoW content.

Gumdrops, over here wants to try and change my mind. He thinks I should respec my Warcraft Main Character to a discipline priest.

And he does have some points...good ones. He even has some stats.

But he misses the forest, because he's looking at the tree.

Looking at this site here, approximately 1/3 priests in a 2000pt rated 2v2 team are a shadow/disc spec, like mine. But on the other hand, priests account for only 7% of characters in 2v2 teams with scores of 2200 or better - see here.

If I build a character for PvP, what I should do is clear - forget the priest. 72% of characters in all 2200pt or better teams are....druids, rogues and warriors. In the top teams, druids and warriors alone account for more than 50% of the total.

So Gummy, my response is - don't look at the tree. Playing a priest in PvP is fairly pointless..and I'm not playing that much of a minority build.

Examine the forest - you should be saying "Level a druid!"!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of the 7% of Priests in 2v2 arena, your source provides this data...

2v2 rating 2000+
Discipline = 72%
Shadow = 19%

2v2 rating 2200+
Discipline = 69%
Shadow = 30%

I'm not saying reroll a druid, I'm just trying to improve your arena experience :)

The other solution is to get your warlock to 70, purchase the pvp reputation gear then we can run around in Arena in our 2v2 and 3v3 teams :)

Anonymous said...

Just for fun I'll comment, I stopped reading the first line Warning :)