Friday, November 28, 2008

Luddite

I'm not a Luddite by any stretch of the imagination.

I work in IT. I can program in a couple of languages. I've own more computing power then most of the early space missions added together.

But I'm frightened of facebook.

I log into my facebook account so rarely that it's hardly worth having it.

My fear isn't over the nature of the beast - I have no real secrets to hide. There's a few things that might embarrass me perhaps. But nothing that would hugely surprise anyone.

It's not even a worry over the nature of social networking sites in general - I don't have a great fear of identity theft or anything like that.

No - it's the requests.

I have something like 270 requests right now. That's right...two hundred and seventy requests to do everything from be people's friend to indulge in a pirate game.

People wanting me to do things. It's enough to make me want to go and hide.

*Ducks his head under a blanket. A blue blanket*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you do know you can just hit ignore on all of the requests (maybe not the friend ones though) or block requests then you can't get anymore from that app, then it won't be so scary

Anonymous said...

oh and just as a side note, when kim sends me on a break she still says she is going to cover me with a blue blanket and she laughs every time

Anonymous said...

.... just accept my request, make the woman happy.

ph and if you check it daily like you do stars, wow, bbc and more things you wouldnt have that many.