Sunday, November 23, 2008

Two (and a half) good programs a year?

I'm sitting here watching the start of this years second series on BBC television this year that might, actually, possibly maybe worth watching.

I'm seriously starting to question the value of the BBC TV License Fee. Is it really worth it...?

Doctor Who is worth watching...some of the time. Unfortunately the last season or two has been marred by the choice of companion. And now they're changing the Dr. So it's being demoted to a half.

Top gear remains entertaining every episode, with a mix of irreverent and lunatic antics. A seven hundred and fifty mile race on one tank of fuel - with the drivers picking the cars was tonight's treat.

And the final program - Survivors.

Maybe.

A remake of a classic 1970's program about The End of The World - pretty much one of my favourite story premises. The first episode is a little slow - we're 45 minutes and and I don't believe I've missed much, even though I've been surfing the net and typing this.

But then, what kills everyone really isn't the bit that interests me. True, I can pick a number of holes in the opening scenario. The progression of diseases - method of death is presented as auto-immune - quick - bonus points for anyone listing treatments that might help. (Yes, I said help, not cure).

But much of this is probably to simplify the start - limitations I'm willing to accept for a good story.

But it's not the ending of the world that interests me - it's what happens after...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

House? Criminal minds?

Anonymous said...

Think he's talking about BBC only as that is the one that costs £120 a year just to have a TV...

On another note - he got warcraft expansion yesterday so don't expect to see a response in the next week :D

Anonymous said...

we will see about that lol
Are you saying you ignored Lindsay for the first week you had the expansion?

Anonymous said...

no, I didn't :O

I ignored the expansion.

Since going out with Lindsay I have a very healthy balanced wow life - ie. about less than 10hrs a week !!!!

Born Today said...

No criminal minds, house or CSI on the BBC.

Otherwise I wouldn't mind so much...

Anonymous said...

Ha you see!! he did reply.

Anonymous said...

you sure it was him not someone else?

Born Today said...

I'm fairly sure it was him!